Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mixed Bag of Stones Group Photo

Thanks to many kind fellow bloggers, I have learned quite a bit recently about identification of stones. I wanted to share a group photo of all the beads in a mixed bag from Hobby Lobby just for the fun of seeing all the interesting colors and textures together.

I'd have to say my favorite is the cherry quartz, but they all have unique and fun qualities. I had mentioned I would like to work some of these into an eclectic memory wire bracelet with some pearls and crystals mixed in, so that's my next step!

I'll keep you posted on my progress! (Crafty weekend, here we come)!

2 comments:

ohdawno said...

That is a great batch of stones - looking forward to seeing the bracelet!

The Beading Gem said...

I share your love for mixed bags of stones. Sometimes inspiration comes from just sifting through bags like this - at least for me.