Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rivoli Trio, Thanks & Updates

I want to thank all of you for your input and feedback! It means so much to me and is VERY helpful and encouraging! I don't have any stones to put up today, but tomorrow I am going to post a "group photo" of the entire package of stone beads that I have been sharing over the last couple of weeks. They look pretty cool together because of the many contrasts in color and texture.

Today seemed like a good day to share these 3 new swarovski rivoli beads (buttons) that I picked up recently. I liked the blue one so much, I couldn't resist these other colors! I previously made a ring out of the blue one and have been wearing it, but I took it apart last night and made a revision using 3mm comet argent bicones. They are adorable, but they were just a tad uncomfortable. I suppose this one is subject to change too :)

The other update I wanted to share is the re-make of Saturday's "crystal extravaganza" project. Some of these beads started out in a post entitled, "treasure chest". I just loved the color combination.

After wearing the extravaganza for a few days and getting feedback from some friends at work, I decided to try a more traditional route and create a right angle weave focal piece. The design might be something expected, but the color combination and 8mm bicones are crazily blingy and FUN! What do you think?

The last thing I wanted to share today is a photo of the jump ring tool I mentioned in Monday's post. I didn't think about it at the time, but it would probably have been helpful to show this in case someone wasn't familiar with it. I've also added it to that page as well.

I hope you are all having a great week!! If you are at the bead and button show, I have a feeling you are!! :)

2 comments:

ohdawno said...

As always, I look forward to your posts every day for the grins and shiny! they bring me.

Thank you for your irrepressibly cheerful posts!

coolmoon said...

Hi Lisa. Thanks for the blog comment regarding The Beader's Muse. I actually entered that contest the last time she had it (my entry was Scarlett in Chains if you want to go check out the entrant's design page). Unfortunately, that's one of my 'extras' that I'm having to cut out this time around. I hope she continues to get great response so that I will have an opportunity to enter another one in the near future.
Thanks for the heads up, though! Glad to know that someone appreciates my work enough to consider it worthy of this contest!
Sheryl
Cool Moon Creations/The Babbling Beader