Sunday, March 8, 2009

Czech Glass Bicone

Several years ago I came across a bracelet cuff design using czech glass bicones with a similar design pattern as these. It appeared to be made using a peyote stich. It was a diagonal design that made the beads fit together like a puzzle. I thought it was a great way to use these beads and kept it in the back of my mind.

When I saw these beads and their spring like colors, I thought I'd add them to my collection in hopes of making that diagonal cuff. I'm going to need to get out my special issue of Bead & Button magazine called "Beading Basics: Stitches" from 2006. This poor magazine has seen better days from all the page turning I have done. I bought it after learning the flat odd-count peyote stitch on a beading cruise. I got a bit hooked on it for a while to say the least.

Well, I just got the magazine out and took a quick look through it. Now I'm not sure what type of stitch it was that made these beads into an interlocked cuff. It might even have been a variation of the right angle weave. I'm going to need to experiment a bit to figure it out. Sounds like a fun challenge!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those beads are cool! I like the colors. Show us what you figured out with the bracelet, please!