Saturday, March 21, 2009

Arts & Crafts Day!

Hello! Today was a fun and crafty day and, as usual, when there is glitter and glue involved, I have a tendency to get a little carried away! The best part of an arts and crafts day is the FUN! If I go into a crafting project too concerned about the outcome, it's rare that I will even complete it. I will start over several times and get a little frustrated. That's NOT fun!

I have been wanting to play with these brass frames from Rings & Things, but haven't had a chance until now. I really had a great time with these, but it was hard to narrow it down to one direction. I wanted to put every craft supply I own in them!

I glued some Toho cubes in the rectangle frame in a design that I thought resembled a peyote stitched piece! No needle and thread involved in this one. I wanted to dangle something off the bottom, so I used a round gold link piece that is drilled on each side and covered the top hole with a pearl. I thought about using a gold chain or rubber tubing to hang this on, but found this 2mm satin stringing cord in my craft supplies and thought it worked nicely.

Now, here's where I believe my crafting gene kicked into overdrive (below)! I can't think of anything else I could have added to this one! It involved cutting off the pendant loop and drilling 4 holes in the corners, sanding, cutting scrapbook paper, using a stampin-up flower shaped paper punch, modpodging, using diamond dust and press on plastic gems, jump ring assembly, stringing rubber tubing and crimping! Like I said, can you think of anything else I could have added? OH yeah...did you see the swarovski butterflies hanging off the jump rings? :)

I wore this all day and it gave me such a happy feeling! This is precisely why I don't have a bedazzler, though! Nothing would be safe!




5 comments:

ohdawno said...

They're both beautiful - but that second one, wow! I clicked the picture and it's large enough to see the iridescence that the diamond dust adds.

What a wonderful collaboration of mixed media, work and talent went into that bracelet - if I were an audience I'd give you a standing ovation.

Dave Robertson said...

Awesome work, Lisa, I'm glad I followed the link here from Dawno's blog. You poured so much of yourself into the second item, you really ought to be proud! Really innovative.

--Dave

Bea said...

Oooooo -- spring is coming, isn't it? The first piece made me go "oh, clever!" ... but the second piece is just fabulous!

Lisa Crone said...

You guys are so nice, thank you!

Kokopelli said...

No, nothing more to add! *laughz* You sound like me when I go craft crazy!