Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Rustic Canvas


There is something about today's bead that made me feel like painting. It's sort of reminiscent of a canvas made to appear worn or weathered in preparation for a rustic scene of some kind.

The more I thought about this, I realized that some larger surface beads can be used as a "canvas" for arranging other beads. In fact, I posted some brown bead caps a couple of weeks ago and Teri from S&T Creations mentioned it would look cute with a tiny fruit bead inside of it like a bowl.

There are endless possibilities when it comes to beads. It's all about your perspective! This particular round disc is the perfect backdrop for some rustic beads that make you think of a day at the farm (aged red barn, rusting equipment, hay stacks, etc.).

Certainly gives you something to think about...

Have a good one!!

2 comments:

Carole said...

I love earthtones and this bead really captures my eye.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning me and my store, I appreciate it! Now, this one gives me 2 ideas. The first I want to try, so I can't take credit for that, but wire wrapping a spiral on both sides, then the wires coming up to make a pendant. The second though, is to put it flat, with a oval, pear shape, or maybe barrel shape bead on top, to make a drop pendant. Wouldn't the stack look lovely? (Now where are these ideas when I'm staring at something?) lol Teri
http://sandtcreations.etsy.com