Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Clear Cut Glass


This is a clear, cut glass bead with holes on either side. I had never seen a bead like this before and found it by digging with a little shovel through a bead mix at a local bead shop. I love when bead shops dump large amounts of bead mixes in containers so you can dig through all the treasures to find one of your own.

I bought several of these beads, but haven't decided how to use them yet. They will need to be wired together with other beads, so I am thinking of using three of these beads wired in among lots of larger bright colored beads. Although it would also make a nice wintry bracelet mixed with bright white beads.

Hmm, I like the white and clear idea. I just need a little time to create!! Have a great evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great find. I wonder if these are quartz or glass? And that cut, maybe they are really vintage---what would they look like with lucite? How fun, lucky you! Teri http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

Carole said...

What a great bead!

Here, Craft Warehouse has a huge table filled with loose beads, but they can't be purchased individually, they have to purchased by filling a container for $3-4. That's great if a person wants an entire container full of beads. Sometimes I just want one small treasure. lol