Sunday, December 14, 2008

Black Fan/Shell Bead


Today's bead has a sort of art deco flair. I'd love to find some mirror beads of some kind to pair with these black beads, but I am not sure I have ever seen anything like that before. I'm going to have to do some searching. I'm sure silver, hematite or jet ab crystals would work nicely too, but it would be fun to find mirrors.

If you have ever seen anything like that, please let me know. Maybe I'll open my next fire mountain catlalog and find them just sitting there waiting for me. Would you believe that happened to me before? I was desperately trying to find black glass 3 hole spacers. I asked at bead shops and searched the internet with no luck. About a week later, I received a new fire mountain catalog and right there they were. It was magical so I didn't question it, I just ordered them! In fact, I ordered them in black, white and blue!

I hope you all had a nice weekend! Take care!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa: I do know there are some S crystal finishes and colors that are very "mirror like" but I've seen them in the open square/diamond shapes, maybe bicones too, but the larger connectors look pretty flashy.....and yes, they are on FMG Teri http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

Dave Robertson said...

Hi Lisa, you just can't go wrong with shell beads. Nice lines in this design! Looking forward to many more beads of the day...

Dave
at Rings & Things