Sunday, July 15, 2012

Real Life or Just Fantasy?

Sound familiar? I've been wrapped up in music again lately. In spring I was immersed in Pink Floyd and summer is all about Queen. Why? I don't know, but I've decided to embrace it!

In good company with many million others, Bohemian Rhapsody is a favorite! On my way home from work Friday while listening to it, I thought about bringing these lyrics into a piece of jewelry for a little extra fun!

That's the beauty of jewelry, you can merge other interests in. A good place to start for me is my go-to medium, shrinky dinks! Pretty straight forward...just add words and a background and you are good to go. Then print, cut out and bake for 3 minutes. So easy!

Here are a couple of the pieces that will turn into bracelets shortly. I'm still experimenting to find the perfect background. I had a beautiful blue sky with clouds, but the words just disappeared.

One is a picture of grass I took when I was trying to take a picture of a little bird walking around on the ground. I liked how the sun was shining on the green grass. The other is from a smart phone app, "Spin-Art". It's so fun to play with and when you like the design, just save it or email it.

Stay tuned for bracelets, in the mean time, here are a few lyrics from Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody:

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality
Open your eyes, 
Look up to the skies and see,
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm easy come, easy go, 
Little high, little low,
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me

No comments: