Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Magically Dichroic!

Did you know dichroic glass is available to artists because of research conducted by NASA and the aerospace industry...it's all quite scientific!

I am drawn to dichroic beads because of the layering and what seems like a mystery to me! I get that moment of, "wow, how'd they do that?"

This is one of the beads our little turtle friend picked out over the weekend. I'm working on the design and wondering how I can use all the colorful beads, including this one for the turtle to "walk on". Hmmm...

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I love dichroic glass. I don't love the price though. I kiln form glass and buying it in sheet form is a bit pricey if you want a big piece. I've gotten to where I just buy small pieces and frit to incorporate into my designs.

Sarah Sequins said...

Ohhh, I love dichroic glass! Your turtle friend has exquisite taste in beads. :)

Almost Precious said...

OOOh - little turtle has some great ideas a-brewing. :)

I love dichroic glass beads, they give such depth and sparkle to a piece.