Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Polymer Clay Artist

Wow, look at these!! Amazing!! I am so drawn to polymer clay that I am just going to have to break down and get myself into a class!!

I am in awe of these! I just read a blog post over at Art Bead Scene about polymer clay artist, Barbara Bechtel and wish she was my next door neighbor! Wouldn't that be GREAT?!

I wonder if she just lets random neighbors come in her house and play with her clay? Hmm, I might have to get in touch with her and ask. :)

I did a post about Barbara last June and continue to be a serious fan! Maybe one day when I retire in Florida I will have a chance to learn from her in person.

There is something so natural about these blue "eggs"on one hand and so M&M candyish on the other. Two good reasons to LOVE them!

5 comments:

Cami said...

These are really pretty and unique! I also thought of nature and candy at the same time. haha! Thanks for the blog! :D

Mandy said...

Those are amazing, I just love them!

Courtney said...

I read the post yesterday and fell in love! Had to get some of her work. I too, would love to play!!!!

Almost Precious said...

What a pretty color of blue. The little eggs are so realistic they almost look fresh from the nest.

Shanna Marie said...

It's incredible what clay artisans are doing with polymer these days. I love the blue of these beads. Reminds me of a clear spring day just as the flowers are starting to bloom.