Sunday, June 12, 2011

This Week's Project: EARRINGS!

This week's project ended up being 3 pairs of earrings!

I made one pair, the amber dangles, when I should have been in the car on the way to work, yikes!

For whatever reason, I had this feeling that I absolutely could not wear any pair of earrings I already had and needed some large and dangly sparkles to embellish myself!

Luckily, you can pretty much whip up earrings in a few minutes if you have your tools handy!

I made the blue pair last night using the Artbeads.com vintage flowers in preparation for a graduation party today since a close friend is the Mom. And, who are we kidding, these celebrations are mostly for the parents! :)

The third pair, made with the vintage birdies from Artbeads.com, are for a friend and co-worker I will see in a meeting tomorrow.

She has been hinting about needing earrings and while I think she would have preferred sparklies, I felt I HAD to make these for her! She is warm and earthy by nature. She respects the universe and creation more than anyone I know by expressing it in the way she lives her life.

Hopefully, the jewelry creator knows best. I'll let you know if I get one of those "thank you's" that you know are just to be polite :)

If so, I will learn from it and make her a sparkly pair tomorrow night!

Have a great new week everyone!! Thanks for stopping by, you really make my day so much better.


6 comments:

Patricia JL said...

I like the last pair the best. Very pretty.

Green Shoot Jewellery Designs said...

These are all gorgeous and I like the sparkly blue pair best. I completely understand the urge to make some new earrings before work, it makes me late too ha ha
Deb

Regina said...

Love all three, but if I had to choose one I would pick the blue flower pair. I love making earrings, something very therapeutic about completing a project right away.

Donna@soakinginmustard.com said...

I agree with you about graduations "these celebrations are mostly for the parents! :)" So true! Each pair of earrings is beautiful and unique just like their designer. Have a great week.
Peace

Adam Hanes said...

I like the third one. That one with gold body and a green end. very cozy sytle.

Anonymous said...

I came here following the indication of the Art Bead Scene Blog and I am very happy to have found you. The third pair is my favourite: those vintage elements are great!

Ambra