Monday, June 20, 2011

Hand Painted Originals

Wow! You know I LOVE merging jewelry making with arts and crafts.

I happened to be perusing blogs and jewelry sites this evening when I came across these fabulous hand painted pieces.

The artist is Moni of "Moni Originals". My favorite part of her story is her "eureka moment"... Here is an excerpt from her website:

"I have been painting these charms (thousands of them, now) since early summer of 2002. The idea actually came to me while on a morning walk with a friend. I was frustrated in trying to find charms my customers wanted and dealing with gouging by distributors. While airing these concerns to my friend, we passed a car parked along the side of the road. The "Eureka Moment", if you want to call it that, was when I said, "paint sticks to cars. Cars are metal. Why can't I paint right on the charms?"

Moni paints buildings, bridges, landscapes and flowers and states that "All Moni Originals® Dangle Charms are painted on .925 silver. The designs are painted in layers between layers of a durable, commercial-grade resin with UV protection. Most designs contain ultra-fine glitter, adding extra sparkle."

If you have a chance to stop by, here's Moni's story. I was feeling a kindred spirit connection when I noticed each piece has an option for "glitter" or "no glitter". LOVE IT! Thanks Moni!

5 comments:

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads! said...

Beautiful. Awesome colors!

Loose Diamonds said...

Wow!! These hangings are awesomely beautiful. They are a great example of creativity & innovation. My fiancé is going to love them. I am going to buy one of those kinds for her.

diamond earrings said...

are they really hand painted?? awesome mate.... looking really nice....

Wedding gift ideas said...

Very nice paintings on the small pieces...colorful and close to nature.Love colors and flowers in any which form.

wholesale synthetic diamonds said...


We have a wide collection of lab created diamonds (also referred to as lab grown diamonds), man made diamonds, CVD diamonds , solitaire diamonds and manmade diamonds which are chemically, physically and optically identical to 100% mined diamonds. you can see here also

largest synthetic diamond usa