Friday, June 11, 2010

Featured Designer: Barbara Bechtel

I hope you will take a minute to cheer with me that IT'S FRIDAY, YAY!

This also means it's time to present this week's featured designer!

You may already know artist & designer, Barbara Bechtel, from either her blog or etsy site. Her blog is entitled, "second surf" and her Etsy site is "Floridity".

Okay, you just can't go wrong with a name like that...there's nothing like the palm trees and sunshine you find in Florida! Makes me happy just thinking about it!

Here are the things I have fallen in love with so far....the LOVE necklace is so great!! You really need to visit Barbara's blog to see a full view on a live person to feel the coolness of it all!

The polymer bird fetish beads are sculpted by hand, sanded, distressed and polished to a high shine to give them the look of stone. So cute!!

I can imagine the turquoise "fly" pendant hanging from a bunch of hemp cord (which I have tons of), some knotted and some loose, giving it a free spirited vibe!

I didn't have enough space here to show all the other pieces that I have fallen for on Barbara's "Floridity" Etsy site, so if you get a chance, you might want to pop over.

Make sure you take a look at the Dandelion Wine bracelet, it's so cool and reminds me of a story my husband tells about getting stuck in a blizzard as a teenager, walking to the only house in the middle of nowhere for help and the guy inviting them in and giving them homemade dandelion wine! :) Seriously! He does spin a good yarn, but after 20+ years, I've heard this story enough to believe it.

No blizzards here today, thank goodness!!

Thanks a bunch to Barbara for letting me share her work with all of you!! I was going to say with "y'all" for some reason. I have noticed that I tend to acquire a southern accent sometimes while blogging...I have no idea why!!

So, have a great weekend y'all! :)

1 comment:

Kokopelli said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing! And I can hear you about the Southern accent. Sometimes I write my German posts with words in "Schwäbisch", which is one of the accents spoken in Southern Germany.