Monday, February 7, 2011

GREAT New Beading Resource!

I am so excited to share this wonderful new beading book today. I feel like I've just had a cup of coffee and wish I had the day off tomorrow!! I've got the need to bead!!

This inspiring book is by beading expert, Tammy Powley, of About.com's Jewelry Making site. The title is, "The Complete Photo Guide to Jewelry Making".

I never would have guessed by looking at the cover that this was over 300 pages long! WOW!! It's the A to Z guide that covers everything from tools, to stringing, polymer clay, metal soldering, metal clay, wire wrapping and the list goes on! I love the fact Tammy also threw in the cutest pair of crocheted earrings!

Finding so many techniques in one place is fabulous!! I was thinking this book should be in every craft store classroom, bead shop counter and school artroom. It's amazing!!

As you might remember, I was itching to get started in polymer clay, but things came up and that didn't happen. Tammy has a 6 page spread on the basic techniques that just clicked with me. AND, I just happen to have a few blocks of clay, YAY!!

By the way, Tammy's husband worked by her side taking all of the photographs and I think he ought to start writing a "how to photograph jewelry" book! It's so crystal clear, maybe we can talk him into a webinar to find out how he did it! :)

I could seriously go on and on, but here's a link to Amazon so you can check it out if you have a minute.

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Can't wait to go check out the book, you make it sound wonderful. They need to hire you for promotionals! And, if you have any influence with them, I would be extremely interested in a "how to photo" webnar.
Thanks!

Shai Williams said...

I have been waffling about this book. I think that I will have pick it up. Thanks for the review.

Dawn Doucette said...

Sweet! I get Tammys e-mails routinely, so I can't wait to get my hands on her book. As a side note, I'd be the FIRST to sign up for a webinar with Tammy's hubby to learn how to get good photos of jewelry. I'm game!

Hope your week is terrific my dear!
{Hugs!}

Cyndi L said...

Thanks for the review, Lisa! I'll add my endorsement to yours, except that my opinion is somewhat tainted since I've got work in the book :-)

raquel roysdon said...

Adore your blog gonna go check out the book on Amazon! Thanks for posting the link!

ajbeader said...

I have found some of the coolest supplies!! I have seen this stuff on the web before (I guess it's getting quite popular), but i couldnt believe this places prices! I saw them at Bead and Button a few weeks ago and i am really bummed i didnt see them before making some other purchases. I can't get over the quality for the price... and they even wholesale! This place is a well kept secret and I am telling all my fellow bead-a-holics about it!.

Go to www.filigreesupply.com

Sign up for a free account. You'll get an email with a discount coupon. I hope you guys all like this as much as I DID!