Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Vintage Swarovski

Today's bead is vintage swarovski. It is perfectly square, but has a point on both the front and back surface which adds to the depth of the sparkle. I attempted to photograph this CLEAR bead on a different colored background, but the bead took on the color and no longer appeared clear. On a white background, it lost the definition of all the lines. So, that's my explanation for why you are seeing so many shadows in these pictures. I wanted you to be able to see all the detail!

I bought this recently while shopping for crystals and focal beads to use in a ring. This bead will make a great ring because it fits perfectly on top of my finger. It also has holes on each side to attach it to a ring of beads on either side rather than a hole running through the back of the bead.

If you find some beads like this, I have one piece of advice. DO NOT lay the bead down and then go back and try to find it. It's a chameleon bead!! If you are going to need to lay it down, I would suggest just tying something on or putting a temporary wire through the holes so you don't lose track of it!! Have a good one! :)

2 comments:

Annette Piper said...

Ooopsy. Found it yet? Gorgeous crystal!

Just A Tish said...

great tip - i bet it is difficult to find. but when found it is like a new treasure everytime! so pretty!