Monday, July 21, 2008

Sesame Jasper


Isn't it funny that so many of us love rocks?! They might be in different formations, but rocks are still rocks. I actually enjoy looking at the bags of gravel at the home improvement stores. There are usually a few in there that are pretty or have just a little bit of sparkle to them.

This large pendant is probably about 30mm and if you look closely there's quite a bit to admire. It has both slight and extreme variations of color...great contrasts! I'd like to add a little bit of sparkle to this one, but I'm not sure how yet. I'm thinking about dangling just a couple tiny little crystals from the stringing hole at the top and then just putting it on a chain or cord. What about stringing the entire neck wire with tiny little 3mm faceted black crystals? OR, matte turquoise colored crystals?

I'm going to have to think on this one.

No comments: