Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Spectabeadlar!!

Okay, maybe that's not a real word or even a cute word, but it is the word that came to me when I saw this bead at Joann, Etc.

I was thinking "what a spectacular blown glass bead!" and what came to mind was something like "SPECTABEADLAR"!

I know that's silly, but hey, those are the facts! I realize this photo is sort of like a teaser. These beads come on a card of 3 beads. They all remind me of blown glass vases or abstract blown glass art. If you have not been to your local Joann, etc. today, you really need to go. I was there a couple weeks ago and these were not there. Not only did they add these with their remodel, they added many others that previously could only be found at Michael's.

These are packaged as "Bliss Beads...blue/aqua round". You would not even believe how gorgeous some of them are. They take up an entire end of aisle display. Some are very round and as big as a gobstopper, some are oblong. The color combinations include milky white with pink and blue, clear blue and green, variations of brown/amber, etc.

Let me know what you think next time you visit your local Joann!

1 comment:

Carole said...

I haven't seen that particular one, but have seen some of the glass beads (and purchased a few).....Some of them are absolutely beautiful.

I was in JoAnn's Superstore today, but they don't have the Bliss Beads yet, and Michael's doesn't carry many of them. Both stores change beads so often (clearing out and getting new) that they probably will get them in eventually.