Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Smooth" Faceted Leaves

Since I still have Fire Mountain Gems on my mind after yesterday's post, I thought it would be fun to share a couple other favorites from their catalog!

I originally ordered these beads while working on my book with the expectation that they were a little smaller and a little more clear than they are colorful.

When they came and they were extra large and deeper in color than I imagined, I set them aside on my beading table.

One day I thought I might as well try them in my design to see how they looked since I hadn't found any other beads to replace them.

Once I was about half way done with the project, I liked it more than I imagined I would and it ended up in the book afterall!

Sometimes when you are having creative inspiration, it's good to give yourself a little credit for some intuition and see how perfectly things turn out down the road.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I also like creating multiple accessories.