Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Swarovski Disc (#5100)

Today's bead is a swarovski disc (#5100) in vitrail. I discovered a while back that vitrail isn't actually a particular color, but a type of metallic coating. So, two interesting things in just one bead (the shape and color)!!

I wasn't sure what this shape was called, so I searched on the term "swarovski spaceship" since that is what I thought it looked like and found some sites that referenced the actual style number (#5100) and name.

I discovered this bead last week at a local bead shop in central Ohio, Byzantium. Always a fun experience, but you have to keep your blinders on a bit or else...Well, you know the story!

I thought these vitrail discs might be fun to use between those beads I found at Joann's recently, the Rainbow Silver Back Gem. I'd love to hear any other ideas you have for these, they are just adorable!

3 comments:

ohdawno said...

Yes, they'd definitely be perfect with the Rainbow Silver Back Gem!

It's so nice to have you doing so much bead research, saves me tons of time ;-)

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

Oh yes, that would be really pretty!

Thanks for the comment on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I shop at Byzantium whenever I'm on Columbus---not like that's often, but we have software from a company located there! Great store! Teri
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress