Thursday, April 30, 2009

Filigree Drops

Today's bead is a filigree drop from Fire Mountain Gems. I received two of them for free several months ago as a special gift with my order, but haven't decided how I want to use them yet.

I didn't realize until taking the photo that there were holes on either side of the long ends. Of course, that made me want to use it as a focal bead in a bracelet! It's the perfect size!

I haven't seen many examples of pieces made from filigree wire. If you have any ideas for this or you know of some great examples, please let me know!

In the mean time, I'm thinking of just picking out my favorite crystals and wiring them on for some great sparkle.

2 comments:

Just A Tish said...

adding crystals is a great idea. i love how ppl use the filigree to 'wrap' cabs. i think it is a great vintage look.
i cant' wait to see what you do with it!

The Beading Gem said...

I've made a number of earrings using smaller filigree findings. They are perfect for chandelier earrings!