Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rainbow Silver Back Gem

Today's bead is so colorful I just couldn't resist it this time, it was calling my name!

I have seen it many times before at the local Michael's store, but always resisted because I didn't have anything in the works that I needed it for. Well...today I saw it at Joann's and I am going to blame it on the lighting! Seriously though, it does seem to be brighter in the bead section there.

Now that I have it home I can't believe I fought it for so long. I feel like breaking into a little Elizabeth Barrett Browning..."How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height -My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight -For the ends of being and ideal grace.I love thee to the level of every day's -Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light..." :)

That might be laying it on just a bit thick, but it has so many great qualities. The unique shape, the multiple colors that change constantly as the light hits it and the holes on each side of the bead which give it a vintage look...just to name a few!

Have a nice and sparkly evening!

4 comments:

The Beading Gem said...

I would have succumbed to the temptation right away! These are so beautiful.

tkmetalarts said...

They are gorgeous. Are they Swarovski's?

Lisa Crone said...

Hi there! In response to the questions from Studio618, believe it or not, these are NOT swarovski! They are amazing!

Carole said...

Gorgeous!