Friday, November 29, 2013

Shopping Season!

Just checking in to see if any of you were out and about on the busiest shopping day of the year.

I'm sitting here at home looking at beads, watching HBO movies and thinking about the craft I'm going to take to craft night tomorrow.

I wanted to share this little necklace project that I just finished. As always, my projects tend to be quick and easy.

I love using ribbon to finish off the neck when possible. It adds some decorative flair and also cuts down on extra time beading that part of the necklace. :)

All of the beads here are from the Cousin Corporation and all can be found at Meijer and probably JoAnn, etc. as well. There's a Meijer store not to far from me that has an ENTIRE aisle of nothing but Cousin beads. It makes me so happy to hang out there.

I enjoy looking at beads in online catalogs, but there's nothing like seeing them in real life, taking them off the hooks and putting them up next to others while designing on the spot.

That's my favorite way to figure out a design or get ideas for things to make.

By the way, if you don't have a Meijer or Walmart nearby and you tend to shop at JoAnn's or Michael's make sure you use your coupons!!

There are usually coupons in the mail or when you enter the store. If not, look them up online and print them before you go. For smart phone folks, make sure you either use their app or bring the coupons up while you are at the checkout!

Let me know what you're making this year for holiday gifts by posting a link in the comments of this post or sending me a picture via email. I'll use them all in a holiday jewelry making post in a couple weeks.

Happy Holidays, happy bead shopping and gift making too!! :)

1 comment:

TerryHowell said...

I just could not go away your web site before suggesting that I really loved the usual info a person provide for your guests? Is gonna be again often in order to inspect new posts. homewares wall art