Sunday, February 26, 2012

Where Inspiration Comes From...

Where does inspiration come from? Is it the same place for beading inspiration as the inspiration to write a song? Or, the same place as a design for a futuristic car or some fabulous new piece of technology we don't even know we can't live without yet?

Hmm...My thought on that is yes, it all comes from the same place that I am pretty sure we all have access to. In my case, inspiration can hit at any time, they KEY to it is to recognize it and remember it. THEN, act on it!

Today I kept seeing cuff bracelets in my head, so a trip to JoAnn, Etc. was in order. I was able to find more than I went for, but the ideas kept coming. I am so grateful for inspiration, so I take it and if I have money to spend, I act on it! :)

Ribbon and grommets and beads, oh my! AND... this multi color "Big Value" pack of hemp cord, yay!  A good time was had by me and that is what I'm living for! I get it now...Strive for happy!

3 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Lisa,
I take my inspiration wherever I can get it. I have never worked with hemp, but I have seen a lot of pretty pieces made with it though.
Therese

Kokopelli said...

Awwww, great colors! Where inspiration comes from? EVRYWHERE!

Linda Younkman said...

Inspiration is hard to come by sometimes in my head. I love color and usually can put together some color combo's but the design element is lacking. I've never worked with colored hemp before. I'm anxious to see what you do with it.