Sunday, February 12, 2012

Real Live Bead Store Feature: GRAND RIVER BEADS

Welcome to Grand River Beads in Rocky River, Ohio!

I am happy to have an opportunity to share this real live bead store with you! In my own area, local shops have dwindled so I'm always thrilled to learn about those who continue to thrive.

This one in particular is in my own home state of Ohio! I've had a blast looking at all the fun being had at Grand River Beads and am amazed at the diverse classes that are offered!

You've got to click over to see this great photo of their design team. What a fun group!

Next week’s calendar is really packed! They’ve got up to 4 classes scheduled per day, wow!

Classes include beaded serving ware, bird’s nest ring, beach glass pendant, feather broach, coiled wire rings, textured & layered copper cuffs, intro to soldering and MUCH MORE! Not to mention a 3 hour beady buddies brunch! Even though it’s just a few hours away from me, I WISH it was closer!

The owner, Eva Sherman, mentions in her profile that she "began playing with beads as a way to spend time with my daughters but soon discovered I really enjoyed it. In '05, I opened Grand River Beads in Cleveland, Ohio and now happily spend most days in the studio fooling with wire and metals, writing and teaching. Life is good!:)"  Yay, Eva!

By the way, you can also find Eva here:


2 comments:

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

How lucky is she?! I love that cuff!

Beach Glass Shop said...

Eva is the "best of the best" and an inspiration to all!