Thursday, July 15, 2010

Special Gift of Jewelry

Everyone has been so helpful and fun this week with thoughts and suggestions...THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have a question for you and am taking a risk by posting it here today...I know my Mom stops by A Bead A Day occassionally, so I will keep my fingers crossed that she will miss this post :)

My parents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary next month and I thought it would be fun to make something special for my Mom.

The only thing that has come to mind is the color "gold". I remembered this bracelet I made that had both gold-ish and purplish sparklies on it.

It is still a favorite, but I'm not sure if made in all gold that it would seem representative of a 50th anniversary. Maybe it should be something more conservative.

I really need your input on this if you have a second!! Maybe it should be all swarovski crystals! :) Help!!!!

10 comments:

Just A Tish said...

Lisa - it is PERFECT!!!!

TesoriTrovati said...

I guess it all depends on what your mom is like. Does she appreciate sparkle, or would she rather have something more subdued? The bracelet is lovely. I would say that you could make something in a completely different tone, like silver with one really dazzling gold component (that way you can splurge on real gold!). That would be stunning yet simple. Can't wait to see! Enjoy the day!
Erin

WEDUNIT Jewels said...

It's a lovely bracelet and as said before, it really depends on what your mum is like. To me, the bracelet looks a bit younger, more playful. If it was for my mum, I would have to choose something a lot more conservative, classic (pearl bracelet with maybe one charm at the most).
Cheers

Unknown said...

I think that gold (for the milestone) with a pop of colour (for a colourful life!) is PERFECT!

:) ~ Laura (Moags)

Regina said...

It is a beautiful bracelet. I agree with some of the other comments, it all depends on your mom's personality. I have found that women our mom's age prefer a less mobile, single strand bracelet, which could be as delicate as pearls or as bold as large gemstone nuggets.

totallybeadazzlin said...

The bracelet is a great idea. Maybe for the pop of color, you could work in your Mom & Dad's birthstones?

Nancy said...

Lisa, I think it's absolutely gorgeous! I don't know your mom, but I'd bet she'd love it!

Bellesanbeaus said...

while i have been married for 35 yrs...i would love soemthing like this...i have to agree with the rest...is your mom a young spirit or is she conservative? i seen adding moms and dads birthstones for pops of color...if it doesnt clash what about adding all the childrens birthstones...you children are the jewels in us moms crown!

Lisa Crone said...

Thank you so much guys!! I have many ideas swirling now that include swarovski's and pearls! :)

sterling silver ring said...

I think a convervative and all-gold ring is the best of all since it has been a honor costume. Creation will also be respected of course.