Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spin Art Bead

Today's bead reminded me of spin-art! Do you remember the little plastic "machine" that had a spinning disk that you clipped a piece of paper to? Once the spinner was turned on, you could begin adding drops of paint.

The fun part was squeezing the paint from high above the spinner and watching it get pulled into the centrifical force!

Even though the designs were all rather similar, it didn't really matter. It was more about the individual experience each time you placed a piece of paper on the spinner. What a fun game!! I am pretty sure I have one stored in a closet here somewhere, I might have to dig it out for the weekend.

Hope you're having a great week!!

2 comments:

ohdawno said...

I never had one of those, but I envied those who did, and your bead does remind me of spin-art. Another fun bead for the day, thanks!

Sparklyscotty said...

Really cool. I would love to get into glass working, but have to perfect my metal working techniques first! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Did you also check out The Jewelry Report
http://jewelryreport.com ?

Angela