Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lava Stones & Kreative Blog Awards

I'm working on keeping my blinders on so I forget the work week will begin again in the very near future! One of the things that usually helps keep me in a fun and creative weekend mode is, of course, making jewelry!!

I wanted to share this bracelet with you that is made with two different sizes and shapes of Lava Stones from Rings & Things. Upon receipt of these beads, I knew I wanted to pair them with the color red. I thought about including bits of turquoise too, but that didn't work out in this design. I'd still like to try that combination.

I love the focal stone and wasn't sure if a bracelet could contain such a large piece, but I am glad I tried because I think it works perfectly! I used a sort of right angle weave to bring the wave of red beads into the mix. I used softflex econoflex black beading wire since it was going to be visible here and there throughout the design. I had it on for a while earlier this evening and it has a fun and festive island vibe to it.

As always, let me know what you think and if you have other ideas I can try. I have a few more of these and love experimenting!

I also wanted to take a few minutes to thank Pearl of The Beading Gem's Journal for so kindly nominating me for the "Kreative Award" on her blog along with several others who she finds inspirational. I was very excited and surprised when I found out she mentioned me. THANK YOU PEARL!! If you haven't already followed or signed up for email updates from her blog, I highly recommend it. She covers a wide range of topics in her blog posts from jewelry and bead history as well as cutting edge products (like the crystal encrusted flash drive bracelet that I am a proud owner of)!

These are the rules of the Kreative blog award:1. The winner may put this award on their blog.2. Please put a link to the person that presented you for this award.3. Nominate 5 blogs.4. Put links to all their blogs.5. Leave a message for your nominees. As this one is all about creativity, I am selecting these blogs for their inspirational and highly creative streaks.

I would like to mention 7 educational, fun and KREATIVE blogs today, even though I could go on and on, I thought I better draw the line somewhere! Have a great week!!

4 comments:

The Beading Gem said...

I just love that bracelet - we've done pretty large focals for some bracelets in our workshops.

You're welcome, Lisa! Pearl

Dave Robertson said...

Now that is a fun bracelet, Lisa, nice pairing of lava with red. It "pops" right out atcha! Thanks so much for this award, I'm going to put some serious work into posting about it on our blog.

Have a great day :)

--Dave
at Rings & Things

Brenda Salzano said...

that lava stone is a great bead, love the look! Nice flow of texture and color!

Just A Tish said...

Awesome bracelet! and Gratz on the award!