Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Car Parts?


These metal beads are really cool! I've seen some of them packaged individually and they seem like ordinary old spacer beads, but when you put them all together in this "Metal Bead Mix" by Crafts, etc., they take on another life as though they came out of a carburetor. Not that I have seen a carburetor up close or anything, I guess this is what I imagine would be in there!

In my youth, I went through sort of a punk phase and would never dream of wearing anything too girly. When I saw these beads, they struck a little chord in my heart...a reminder of those angst ridden days of trying to figure out who you are in life. Interestingly, before you know it, 20 years have passed and you experience that all over again!

I made a bracelet out of black hemp cord and used some of these as dangles on head pins just tied to the various strands of cording. I liked it and thought it was oh so cool!

No comments: