Monday, May 23, 2016

Asked for tassels, found tassels!

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? I was itching to make some tassels recently so I started digging through beads and findings. I quickly realized my beads were in such disarray, it was necessary to take a detour and spend some time getting organized.

I completely ditched all the beads in 10 bead containers into serious bead soup in order to make room for fresh new supplies. I figured if I hadn't opened a bead case in over a year, it was time.

After getting through several giant ziploc bags full of beads and getting them all sorted into nice little compartments, it was time to call it a day. As I was putting everything away, I discovered these jewelry making kits I received on my recent trip to Cousin Corporation headquarters.

Yay! Organization paid off!

As you can see, I've already ripped open the packages to discover the raw supplies necessary to make some simple tassels. That's a great place to start!

For now, though, I'm off to get ready for work. Not sure why inspiration to bead comes in the early morning hours when there is no time, but that's how it works.

I'll check back in soon and let you know how it goes! Have a great day!

No comments: