Friday, August 9, 2013

Holidays & Bead Bloggers

Yay, the weekend has arrived! I haven't had beads out for at least a week and I am feeling the pull!

My next Cousin Corp project is going to be holiday related! How fun!

Back in June they had a brand new collection of Christmas beads out in the craft stores, so I created some fun dangly decorations. But for this project, I can choose any holiday I want...hmm..what would you choose?

Halloween is always fun, here's a pic of one of last year's bracelets...but I do love sparkly new year's pieces. I need to decide pretty soon, but would love to hear your thoughts!!

For now, here are some fun updates from our bead blogger friends to kick off a creative weekend. Happy reading and creating!!!

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean reviewed... and even more exciting, has a GIVEAWAY of the spectacular new book, Marcia DeCoster's Beads In Motion ! So do check out the review and consider yourself invited to enter the giveway while there is still time!

Beading Arts
Cyndi has collected a wonderful group of resources and tutorials for those who want to try working in metal clay or who wish to expand their skills!

About.com Jewelry Making
Love, love, love some Venetian glass jewelry projects!

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Working with polymer clay, wire, and assorted accent beads, Andrew creates a very tribal statement necklace.

Art Bead Scene
Check out Gaea's Etsy finds for this month's challenge!

Book Review: Sweet and Simple Jewelry
Want to branch out from beaded jewelry alone? Or you sew, do embroidery, felt and would like to add jewelry to your work. Charlene reviews the perfect book for you.

Carmi's Art/Life World
Always looking for a way to use up her stash, Carmi creates a button and fabric wearable.

Resin Crafts Blog
Under the dome is a new ring made possible with Jewelry Clay.

1 comment:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

OMG I am seeing orange everywhere I look, Lisa LOL. I am blog hopping this Sunday with an orange creation which is my first time designing with this "bossy" colour!