Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Quick & Easy Necklace

I've been wanting to share this project since Saturday when I made it (about 5 minutes before heading out the door for a friend's mini-craft-night). I seem to get very crafty ideas in a time crunch when I am supposed to be doing something else!

I had a necklace with a large round pendant wired on it that I've been wearing on and off for the last couple years. I had been thinking it was probably ready for retirement.

When I was at the craft store, I had seen some very cool scrapbooking brads that I thought would be perfect for holding down the collar of a black sweater.

The sweater zips all the way up which stands up the collar. I wanted to wear it half-zipped down with a sparkly tank top under it, but the collar wouldn't lay down nicely.

So, within the same package of brads was a flower shape that surrounded the brad as an option.

I used two plain brads to hold the tips of the collar down by easily poking them through the sweater collar and sweater and separating the ends to hold them open.

I then ran the 3rd brad through the flower shape and, after cutting off the old necklace pendant, used a jump ring to hang the brad. Voila! Fun, quick, cute and unique!!

No comments: