Monday, December 12, 2011

Handmade Glass Beads: A Love Story!

Before going into all the fab glass bead-making details, I have a story to tell you. It really is a love story.

A couple by the names of Tim & Lily were living in Seattle when they discovered each other and their love for all things Italy.

They eventually took a brave step and left the U.S. to start a new bead-making life in Florence, Italy.

Wow! I think they might be my new idols! It always seems clear to me when people find the courage to make a change like this, love is involved in some way.

Either between people, places or things! In this case, it might be all three! You can read more of their great story on their website, BeadedLily.com.

I had such a great time looking through their website. You can get an idea about their classes, their beads and the love involved!

Here are a couple of my favorite designs. The turquoise got my attention immediately, so great! A yummy color that feeds the soul (or at least mine). :)

I absolutely love their collection of "mood swing" beads! These are from their "manic" collection, how fun is that?! What a great idea and a great story, thanks to Tim & Lily for allowing me to share a little bit of their life and their work with you! Enjoy!

4 comments:

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads! said...

How original, I like them !

Sarah Sequins said...

Beautiful beads!

Wonderful story, too. I love it when people are brave enough to follow through on their dreams -- it's so inspiring!

Pretty Things said...

What a cool story! And the beads are great!

Tim and Lily said...

Thanks for your kind comments about our beads! We'd love for you to check out our shop in person (or online)!!!