Thursday, November 10, 2011

Time to Get Out the GLITTER?

Hmm...I think it might be time to get out the glitter! Who doesn't LOVE diamond dust glitter?

It transforms everything. I've had it on my arms and clothes after crafting with it and didn't want to brush it off. It just glows...

I made a bunch of very inexpensive earrings as gifts one holiday season by making right angle weave baubles out of 6/0 beads that come in a huge tube for a couple of dollars!

After making the baubles, I coated them gently with ModPodge (glue) and covered them in diamond dust.

They made the cutest earrings hanging from a simple sterling plated chain. These baubles could be used in many festive jewelry designs. The best part of making them into earrings is that the diamond dust eventually makes onto your shoulders and looks so sparkly!

So, are you using glitter in your holiday jewelry?

2 comments:

Sarah Sequins said...

Those earrings are so cute! Having a talent like jewelry making makes holiday presents so much easier to come by. :)

I use glitter in my painting, but I hadn't thought about jewelry. Hmm.... I may have to take a look at my glitter collection.

Cindy said...

Very cute! Mollie just used glitter on an ornament (http://on.fb.me/slsTgU). Usually we like to keep the glitter contained in resin where it can shimmer and shine without glittering everyone else! :)