Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Need More Drama? Just add MORE glitter!

You might have already guessed what was going to happen when I wore the bracelet from yesterday's post...

I was trying to be conservative when I "lightly dusted" it with glitter. After sticking it in my pocket as I was leaving this morning, I discovered that's where all the glitter is as well!

I was very surprised when I pulled it back out and it had magically disappeared!

Contrary to what you might be thinking, I did NOT take that as a sign that I shouldn't be wearing glitter. I decided to rework the bracelet a bit to make a slightly more dramatic look AND used a bit more glitter!

Can't wait to try this version out tomorrow, STAY TUNED!

7 comments:

Skye said...

LOL Maybe you should try spraying on some sort of sealant over top of the glitter to help hold it in place?

Lisa Crone said...

Skye great minds think alike!

I really wanted the effect of glitter freely floating around, but now that I have had it on with a black suit for a little while, I think u may be right!

Margot Potter said...

I would recommend using Ranger Stickles (if you have never used this magical glitter glue you will be instantly smitten) and sand the surface before you apply. Another approach that could work well is UV Resin with glass glitter embedded in it. Resin won't work with plastic glitter though, so be sure to get glass!

Good luck!

Cheers,
madge

d'Olivia said...

Yes, I agree you need a type of sealant over the glitter. You can get acrylic varnish, or some Art Gel which is a type of resin. They also make glitter paint which you can find at the craft store, including the new paints that Martha Stewart has produced. I think a bracelet gets too much wear not to have a sealant. It's a very pretty bracelet!

DVArtist said...

Wow I am so surprised. I am working with glitter right now too. Love that brainiacs like us are on the same page. LOL And I do seal my glitter cabs.
Nicole/Beadwright

Lacey said...

Just a quick question for Margot (or anybody who can answer); why won't resin work with plastic glitter? I've never worked with resin, but am thinking of getting a little to experiment with and to be honest, glitter is one of the first things I was going to try. Will Pearl Ex powdered pigments work with resin???

Lisa Crone said...

Thanks Margot, Stickles sounds like so much fun!

Lacey, hopefully someone with more knowledge than I have will respond!

I say, keep on glittering to the best of your ability and I will too! :)