Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Intuitive Beading

I have been tempted to read the instructions that came with the bead kit I've been sharing this week, but it's more fun to figure it out. The pieces provided are pretty intuitive once you start handling everything.

I like this clasp and believe it is meant for a 3 strand necklace, however, I'm thinking "bracelet" because I am going to need to see all of this when it's done! The dangle is my favorite part!

At first glance, I wondered how the netting was going to be attached to the clasp. Then I saw the little crimpers with jump rings.
Okay, makes sense! Let's get ready to bead!

Oh yeah, there is one more piece to the puzzle...spacer beads!!
Stay tuned for those tomorrow and that will round out the entire $3 kit.

I hope you are all having a great week!

4 comments:

Finding Charm said...

I've used that clasp before to make a bracelet. It came out real neat. The chain was a little long for my taste, so I had to trim it down a bit. Looking forward to the spacer part.

Have fun!

Kokopelli said...

Looks like an interesting project. I already filled a Viking Knit tube with beads, but never a ready-made one. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Cathryn said...

oooooooooooo Thank you for the IDEAS! I have several of those and thought--When I make a 3-strand necklace--sure! Bracelets! Too cool!

FiberBeads said...

I was so excited--went to Big Lots and my store didn't have this kit. Ah well, I'll be watching for your results with interest. Bead on...