Monday, February 15, 2010

Discount Bead Kit

Yes, I do seem to spend more than my fair share of time at the local Big Lots... First of all, it's right around the corner from home. Second, there is a canned product that is $.89 cheaper than anywhere else and supplements my diabetic dog's meals. It also doesn't hurt that they have lots of crafting materials from Martha Stewart products to BEADS!

I have seen this bead kit before, but for some reason the soft green glass pearls were appealing to me this time around. The $3 price tag didn't hurt either.

I believe someone recently mentioned in a previous post comment that they might use netting with large glass pearls. This kit just happened to have netting included which sounded like fun!

So, for the next few days I will share the bits and pieces that were included in this $3 find.

Since it was the pale green pearls that sold me on it, I thought it would be appropriate to show those first! There are 3 different sizes of pearls which will be fun to work with. I also wanted to show a bit of the box which has a picture of what a finished product could look like.

I hope you are all staying warm and safe! Mother nature seems to think we are enjoying these weekly white-outs and provided us with at least another 6-8 inches of snow today... We're hopeful the freeways will be cleared by rush hour! :)....fingers crossed!

9 comments:

Kirsten said...

I didn't know that Big Lots carried beads!!!..... uh oh.... my husband will for sure be hitting the gas pedal when we drive past it.....LOL....

Finding Charm said...

I didn't know that either. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the information i will have to go to Big Lots. If you have Tueday Mornings then sometimes you can find Martha Stewart stuff and beads.

d'Olivia said...

I've never been in a Big Lots, but then I didn't know they sold beads! I'm going to look if there is one in my area, thanks!

Just A Tish said...

I have recently fell in love with glass pearls. I love using them as accents in my designs.

Lacey said...

Our local Big Lots has a small selection of crafting stuff, mainly scrapbooking paper, but every now and again they'll have some really beautiful beads. I got really lucky one day and came across some eyelash yarn that usually costs like $6.00 a skein for $.50 a skein. Their stock in that area changes quite often so you never know what you might find. So, go wander around, if there's nothing there that inspires you that time try again in a week or two. To quote Forrest Gump "You never know what you're gonna get."

Susan Marling said...

Boy - you must have a good Big Lots - I have never seen anything like that or any crafts at ours but you better believe I will check it out this weekend!! Have seen pearls done with netting and it was gorgeous. Know what you mean about the snow-fortunately this last one missed us!!

Createology said...

I look forward to seeing what you make with this fabulous $3 find. Keep creating...

Shai Williams said...

I am far enough behind in my blogs that you have probably already posted what you made but I am looking forward to seeing it.