Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Porcupine Spacer Bead


I was really surprised when I enlarged the photo of today's spacer bead. It has sort of a comical shape with globs of porcupine-like spindles coming out of the middle. The reason it surprised me is that from a distance and without magnifying glasses, it seems like a very buttoned-down, conservative type spacer bead.

Before really SEEING this bead, I would probably have just used it to take up space and add a little metally shine to a simple bracelet. Now that I have seen it in all of its glory, I would really love to use this in a more edgy project. Something with bright, crazy colors and lots of imbalanced, eclectic strands.

It would also be cute used in earrings with several strands of colorful beads coming out the bottom in different lengths. I think I could work on this project all day!

I hope you all had a great day!

No comments: