Friday, October 3, 2008

Black Flower Bead


There is something Hawaiian about this bead, I'm not sure what it is...

I used a couple of these in a memory wire project that incorporated a watch face and some long beads as bridges between the two strands of memory wire. It was a very cool cuff, but sadly, a couple days later I dropped it on concrete and broke the watch face. It was short lived, but oh so cool!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has made the perfect project only to lose it or break it after a couple of days. You can make another one, but it's not the same as the original somehow. Does that make it a classic?

I hope you are all gearing up for a crafty weekend!

1 comment:

Carole said...

I have a couple of these beads, though mine are slightly translucent. Haven't used them yet, they are just sitting in my stash (which seems to keep growing).

Sorry about the piece you made. Did you take a picture? These days I try to take a picture of everything I make.