Saturday, February 20, 2010

Blog Trading

I was SO excited when I saw this bracelet on the blog of one of my favorite friendly bloggers, Tish McDermott ("Just A Tish"). I really wanted to buy it because, in rare situations, there are certain things that I just have to have!

When I saw it, I remember going through a rendition of Elizabeth Barrett Browning's, "How do I love Thee? (Sonnet 43)".

Here is my version:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

1. I LOVE the brown hemp cord used especially against the cute light colored flowers.
2. I love that the flowers make me think of Hawaii (which I've always wanted to visit)
3. I LOVE the chain that was used to give it a bit of an edge while still maintaining a girly vibe.
4. I love the great shell beads that bring thoughts of ocean breezes...

Basically, I love this bracelet!! After mentioning to Tish that I'd like to buy it if possible, she suggested a trade. She thought a random mix of beads would be fun to receive, so random it was!! Hopefully she actually finds something fun to play with!!

THANKS TISH!! It came today and I just absolutely adore it!! :)

Thanks also to everyone for your encouragement and for those who were able to stop by the bead shop to chat and allow me to sign their book, A Bead in Time. I had a great time and will keep you posted on future events and giveaways!!

7 comments:

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Great swap!!!
I love the bracelet too...very cool!

Stop over and enter my maiden giveaway!!!
xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North mornings...

Regina said...

It does remind me of Hawaii and Plumeria flowers. Enjoy the bracelet.

Just A Tish said...

I am so glad you like it! I LOVE the bead mix - it is amazing. I am going to be working with it today - i can't wait. i am rushing thru my chores so i can get to work!!

Your book signing had to be so exciting!! I know a star!!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in this great blog and thanks for being my friend

Cathryn said...

I've participated in bead trades before but this sounded like a lot of fun for both parties! If you want to join a bigger circle of beaders, you can contact Lori Anderson (she's on my blog) and she'll connect you to a big bead party!

Createology said...

Congratulations on your book signing. How generous of Tish to trade with you. This bracelet is wonderful. Of course I know your beads traded were generous too. Keep creating...

Andrew Thornton said...

This is a totally fun bracelet. I love all the textures. Aren't you lucky to snag it!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

I can see why you loved the bracelet Lisa. Tish does such wonderful work! I am so happy for you. It must be fun for you to see people buying and loving your baby... book that is. You have put so much love and effort into it. You really deserve it!