Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Red Lined Chartreuse Drop

That's a pretty long description for such a tiny bead! I bought a small tube of these at a local bead shop last year. When I bought them I thought the color combination was interesting and was intrigued by how small they are. The container reads, "Japanese Seed Beads, 3.4mm, Red-lined chartreuse drop". I remember thinking they would be cute used in a simple right angle weave bracelet.

Now that I am looking at them again, I'd like to try making the right angle weave bauble with them. I have only made the bauble with bicone crystals or e-beads, so it ought to be interesting. I'm not 100% sure it will work.

If you have never made the right angle weave bauble, I must tell you that you are missing something very special. It's quite a magical process requiring 12 beads and some beading thread or clear monofilament. The ball forms at the very end when you pull the threads, like MAGIC!

I just realized I used one of my crystal baubles on my cell phone lariat. Here's a picture that you should be able to click on for a close up view. I wrote some instructions for it several years ago that I'd be happy to share if you would like a copy.

Have a sparkly evening!


Update: I just wanted to let you know I did try to make the bauble with the drop beads and it seems to have worked!! Too Cute!!

8 comments:

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

I'd like to have a copy of the instructions for the crystal bauble. I like it! Today's beads are cute. Love the colors.

Just A Tish said...

I have never heard of the right weave bauble and now i have to find out more bout it!\
you will post pics of the finished product right?!?!? *hint* * hint*

ChezChani said...

Is the "bauble" like a beaded bead? What other uses would there be for it, other than the cell phone thing. I do think it would look great made with Red Lined Chartreuse Drops. And I have always been very fond of the word Chartreuse.

Just A Tish said...

That is awesome!

Lauren said...

Can you please also send me instructions for the bauble? it's so cute!!

Anonymous said...

May I too have a copy of the instructions? I have some of those beads, but hadn't yet figured out what to do with them.
Are you going on the 30th?
And how the heck are you? Have plans for our hot weekend?

Lisa Crone said...

If I haven't sent someone the instructions it is probably because I don't have a good email address. Please send me one at blcrone123@sbcglobal.net

Thanks so much, I can't wait to see what everyone makes!

bevigrams7 said...

I would love to have the instructions for the beaded bauble.
Thanking you in advance.
bevfrayer@gmail.com