Saturday, July 26, 2008

Embellished Peyote


This week's bracelet is one that I made a few years ago and since it was part of my remaining inventory after I stopped doing craft shows, I was admiring it today and thought I would share it with you. I don't really mean that in an arrogant way, I mean that in a, "wow, I can't believe I really made that" way.

I saw a similar pattern in a bead and button magazine, possibly the stitches magazine and this is my interpretation. I used hematite and silver lined clear 3mm cubes for this diagonally stitched bracelet. The fun part is once you get the peyote completed you thread your needle back up and sew on the clasp and also start sewing on this fun embellishment along the edges. That was so much fun!

If you are interested in making one of these, let me know and I will dig up the magazine issue so you can track it down. It's worth the time and effort and learning experience. Now my only problem is, who can I gift this to? It about 8 inches long, so I need to think about that one.

I hope you are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

BellaStella said...

Please, oh please, tell me how you do this diagonal peyote stitch. I have been searching the internet to find the pattern that is mentioned here from Bead & Button. I'm a new beader and I just love the look of this simple bracelet.