Sunday, July 13, 2008

Circuit Board Bead


When I first saw today's bead, I thought it seemed sort of like an aztec relic or something. After looking a little longer, I realized it seemed familiar to me because it reminded me of a printed circuit board. If you have ever taken a look inside any electronic device you will find a nice green and copper layout that looks sort of like an architect's drawing. The circuit board is used to mechanically support and electrically connect components using pathways etched from copper sheets.

I thought this bead would look really cook with some other earth tone or brick-like beads. It would be really fun if you could hang a real circuit board from it that did something interesting like lit up some bulbs or played a little song.

Tacky or fun? You be the judge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just a humble jewelry designer from NY who is trying to get used to all this stuff!