Friday, October 8, 2010

This Week's Feature: Creating the Hive

I wanted to share a creative website instead of a featured designer this week because when I went over to this website (http://www.creatingthehive.com/) I discovered hundreds of "featured designers".

How fun! I just love stumbling across pockets of artists/crafters hanging out in their own little part of the internet world. At first it is like being a fly on the wall around the "in crowd". You are intrigued by them, but slightly intimidated.

I felt the same way when I first logged on to twitter and some of the beading related sites. From there, it's all about jumping in and waiting to "feel the love". If you start having fun and receive a warm welcome, it's like being accepted into the group. If you don't, you can just move along.

Don't you just love artists and crafters!! What in the world did we do without the internet?

I hope everyone is planning something fun and crafty for the weekend!! :)

5 comments:

rosebud101 said...

I just checked out the site. Thank you for sharing! It looks great!

Suz said...

Wow. What a fun site. I just put it on my Google Reader. I agree with you...there is nothing like the artist community. I don't have the amount of community in my life that I have here. It is really quite special. Suz

DVArtist said...

I signed up for the hive whenit first started. I never did anything with it. I guess I should take another look. LOL
Nicole/Beadwright

Cindy said...

Thanks for the sharing the link...will check it out!

coolmoon said...

I LOVE the Hive! One of my recent blogs regarding pleasing a stubborn customer was FEATURED in their TOP blogs the other day! I've gotten tons of comments - fun to talk with other beaders, if nothing else....