Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I See Dandelions!

Today's bead is a BOX for sharing memories or happy thoughts! Actually, that is MY definition of it. The Rings & Things catalog describes it as:

Shadow Box, Hinged, Square, 1.6" (Antiqued Copper Plated)

As I mentioned yesterday, I am sun deprived at the moment, which means deprivation from beautiful greenery and flowers from nature!!

When I saw this box, I thought of the "ode to the dandelion" project from my book that I posted here recently. I really wish I had frozen or somehow preserved a REAL dandelion from last spring to use today. :)

If you could add something to this box that would represent your connection with nature, what would it be?

FTC compliance disclosure, notice of material connections: the items in this post from Rings&Things were provided as a promotional gift as part of the Blog Partner Program for review or design purposes. More info about the Rings & Things Blog Partner Program

9 comments:

Createology said...

What a wondrous little box to fill. Hmmm - shall it be glittery or shiny or grunge or distressed or an emergency supply of beads?! :o) Keep creating...

Davinia said...

The first leaf that falls off the grape vine because then I know autumn is not far away. I'm sooooo hanging out for some cool weather, today is the first reasonably bearable day we've had for weeks.

Kokopelli said...

To me this one looks like a book and I first thought about something made from newspaper scraps or cutout letters. But to stay with the book/paper theme, I'd add something like a tree. Maybe one made from little paper cutouts or a "real" one made from tiny twigs.

Suzjohnson said...

Some black sand from Hawaii, which I have and a tiny, perfect sand dollar, which I also have wrapped in cotton. Might add a few tiny shells if it needed it. Yearning for warm sun, sand between my toes and a good book to shade my eyes while I snooze

TesoriTrovati said...

Aren't those the coolest!!?
I think that I would use small seashells and starfish, and if I could seal it up I would even use sand. Enjoy the day! Erin

Cathryn said...

That's pretty nifty. I'd put in flower petals from my garden. Maybe my summer flower petals.

Alex Damien said...

That's a very beautiful box! Hmmm, I don't know. Probably I would put photos, movie tickets...things that would represent nice moments in my life so that I won't forget them X3

Cynthia said...

I'm seeing some pieces of birchbark, some small twigs, and a robin's egg shell (if I'm lucky enough to find one on he ground this spring!!).

Shai Williams said...

I hate to think that I am following the beaten path but I would get some shells off of the Oregon coast preferably from Cannon Beach