Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Personal Bead Reward System

I was just thinking it might be a good idea to begin rewarding myself in beads for all the good habits I have been able to re-incorporate into my life this year.

Healthy eating, exercising and drinking lots of water come to mind. As always, over the years, it always seems to stick when I write everything down.

Now I'm thinking I should add it all up at the end of the week and order swarovski crystals as my reward. Is ordering at the end of every week the best way to go? Maybe I add them up for 4 weeks and place an order at the end of each month...

I will also need to determine what kind of task or achievement gets rewarded. Is it for meeting all my water, food and exercise goals for the day equals 3 crystals?

Thoughts? Maybe we should make this a new club! The SPECTACULARLY SPARKLY GOOD HEALTH CLUB? :)

Here is one of the beads I might be rewarded with today...I drank all my water, stayed under my weight watcher points AND walked morning, noon and night for a total of almost 2 hours!

It is a Swarovski 6100 24mm Faceted Teardrop Pendant Crystal Bermuda Blue from Artbeads.com. Yummy AND no calories!

6 comments:

Sarah Sequins said...

If I had a little more money in my bank account, I would absolutely join you because this is a great idea!

Maybe you could give yourself a bead per healthy thing you do? Like, make water, food and exercise separate?

Depending on the place, shipping costs might get in the way of ordering once per week. Monthly sounds like a good way to go.

Keep us posted! I'd love to know how this all works out. Because once I'm no longer broke.... ;)

ThisThisAndThat said...

What a wonderful idea! I think I'll steal your idea if you don't mind....a bead reward might really help me stick to my diet, and healthier way of life. I just finished my first week, so this is just perfect....

Kristen said...

I've been doing exactly this! My husband gave me a Pandora bracelet and I bought myself a bead for sticking to my health plan for 1 month. I'm coming up on 2 months soon and I'm eying one of the those gorgeous large holed lamp worked beads on etsy. I think a reward can be very inspiring!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Oooo I love the idea of a crystal reward program! Any kind of bead, tool,or supply reward system would be awesome! Mind you, I think I pretty much am a member of that club already... It's the weekend... I worked hard on my business all week... there's the Michaels... I have a coupon... here's my reward! LOL

Great job on keeping your health goals! Feels good, when you treat yourself with love and respect, doesn't it?

Lisa Crone said...

You all are so fun!! Thanks for joining in! It's great to have others adding healthy habits too! Cindy, I love how you put that: feels good when you treat yourself with love and respect. :)

graypeape said...

great idea!! weekly would probably cost too much in shipping, plus many sites give quantity discounts, the more you order, the bigger the discount. i'd say set a dollar amount for each healthy thing & set a goal- $50, $100, whatever- then when you hit your goal, you get to order treats!!