Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The "S" Word

Dare I say it???

I don't want to bring it on, but I did hear the "weather that must not be named" is coming at the end of this week.

Yes, I'm talking about the "S" Word, otherwise known as S_OW. Nah, I just can't bring myself to say it.

However, these sweet and innocent looking beads do remind me of it.

If only S_OW was as kind and sweet as these beads!

I will embrace the winter, I will embrace the winter.... Oh, sorry, I just slipped into my mantra. It's one that I really do want to achieve. It's silly to live your life dreading a couple of months out of the year!! :) So, for those of you in the same predicament, say it along with me..."I will embrace the winter"..."I will embrace the winter".

Okay I have to be honest, deeeeeep inside I'm cursing it, but I will not give up!

6 comments:

Skye said...

Just remind your self it's so pretty to look at .. while you're bundled up nice and warm inside.

Oh.. and how nice it is to listen to kids laughing and playing in it... while you're nice and warm inside ... :)

And if you MUST venture out into, an extra layer of fuzzy socks does wonders to keep the toes warm :D

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

I will embrace the winter...I will embrace the winter...

...Nope, not working for me either! Lol!

Dawn Doucette said...

I know the feeling... I've enjoyed the lack of white powdery stuff thus far... and now for us in SE Wisconsin, they're saying 4-8 tomorrow into Friday. My 7" tall dog is really going to wonder who turned out the lights. LOL She's not quite a year old yet, so this should be a trip!

Maybe mother nature will blow it south.... :o)
{Hugs!}

diane said...

Oh! I can sooooooo relate! We've been lucky so far here in lower New England and aside from that nasty October snowstorm, we have had no s*ow! If I could have my way I'd keep it that way ... I'm trying your mantra .... I can't get through it without coughing!!! LOL
Lovely beads!

Kim said...

I feel your pain. We are supposed to get 6-8 inches tomorrow. I really should not live in WI, but my campaign to spend winters in AZ has not quite taken off yet. I have really been enjoying the mild weather, knowing deep down inside that eventually, things would catch up with us.

Lisa Crone said...

Thanks everyone! You really made me feel better! :) Stay warm and safe!