Monday, September 19, 2011

Vintage Rose Montees

For some reason when I see the word "montee" I have a split second thought about Monty Hall from the old TV show, Let's Make a Deal, before I move onto BEADS!


I don't know why that is, maybe I watched way too much TV as a kid.

Well, I actually know I watched too much TV as a kid, so maybe I've answered my own question! :) Before cable too, kind of sad...

So, back to the beads. Did you know that a "montee" is a glass or crystal rhinestone mounted in a metal setting with holes on the back
for stringing or using as an embellishment. Today's bead is a Vintage Rose Montee/Amethyst Sew on bead.

Now, talk about a Deal to make...

These 8 gems are part of a gorgeous collection of vintage beads from Bumbershootsupplies.com that are up for grabs as we speak.

Visit my post from Friday for details and Good Luck! Here's the entire collection!! Wow! So elegant!

5 comments:

Diana said...

I love these montees! I have a lot of these in my stash of all colors and I wish I could find or think of ways to use them. You have any favorite pattern you use these in? I guess my creative side is stuck. LOL

Mary C said...

I remember that show and Monty Hall! :)
I like the colors of the montees but haven't used that type of bead in my creations... yet.

Klassy Joolz said...

I do remeber Monty Hall...I didn't know that kind of bead was called a montee...but good to know!!:>)

Lisa Crone said...

Hi guys! Diana asked if I had any favorite uses for the montees so here are a couple links. The first one is extremely simple using a serpentine chain the other is a bracelet chain where I used a headpin to set it inside a chain link. Fun to experiment!

http://abeadaday.blogspot.com/2009/05/serpentine-necklace.html

http://abeadaday.blogspot.com/2009/05/i-wanted-to-share-my-first-attempts-at.html

Diana said...

Lisa thank you for sharing your ideas. I will be using mine now that I got some good ideas on where to start. Hope you had a great weekend.