Thursday, September 22, 2011

Found: Giant (Stray) Shell Pearl

First, let me just say I hope I'm not alone...

I just walked into the other room and saw a gigantic shell pearl on the floor behind my desk chair. I mean these things are huge! How is it possible that it was laying there and I didn't see it to pick it up?

Too funny! It's not as though the desk is hidden off in a nice crafting room or something. It's just sitting out in the middle of everything!

Maybe it's just trying to escape from the pack to get my attention so I'll use it in a piece of jewelry! Now I'm thinking I just might have to do that!

Here is a pic of the bunch it was originally paired up with. It is the one on top in this photo, gold toned, but not so buttery colored.

It's actually large enough to be a focal bead for sure. Hmmm...here come the ideas!! Have a good one!

7 comments:

Skye said...

I just lost a large bead last night. It was a disc so it's not like It could've rolled far... and yet no sign of it O.oand it was a big frickin' bead! About the size of a quarter! And ORANGE! And yet... poof, gone... Maybe it took your pearl's place in the hideyhole and knocked him out so you could find him ;)

Shirley said...

Yep, those are reserved for my special bead soup. I think that piece will have to be called, "The runaway necklace!" :)

Just A Tish said...

I love shell pearls - LOVE them. Those oranges are beautiful - orange is my newest addiction :) I love when i find that ferral bead. The one that rolled out of the package and hid behind the coffee cup. Then when all was quiet, zoomed off the table and behind the desk, lurking for days til hunger and thirst drove it mad, and just as it thougt it was getting away, BOOM!! you find it......ferral beads make the best focals they are wild and catch your eye :)

Almost Precious said...

As many of us know, black holes do exist and tiny ones form everyday right here on Earth. It is my strong belief that when we drop a bead or beads fall from our work area, they are immediately sucked into one of these tiny black holes and are lost from sight. After a while the beads travel through this worm hole and mysteriously appear in the strangest places. Same goes for socks in the washer/drier ... I think the spinning of the machine's drums actually create these tiny worm holes ... small enough for a sock but not anything bigger. :)

Lisa Crone said...

I love your stories, thanks for sharing and making me feel in good company!!

Anonymous said...

Worm hole for sure!

Silver Jewelry Jaipur said...

really its a nice one this art is just dam good very nice great