Monday, March 16, 2009

Wood Focal Bead

Hello! Would you agree that this wood focal bead has a nice, large surface perfect for decopauging!? Hmm... I just had the mod podge and glitter out yesterday which means it is still within reach!

This bead is over an inch long and 1/2 inch wide. Perfectly decopaugeable!! The best part is I found a strand of 14 at Joann's on sale for $1.00!!! I have some fancy designer craft papers, but it's also fun to work with clipart photos. If you have microsoft word, there are several gorgeous beach scenes with palm trees that would be fun to print out and glue on! You could also print out some fun photos of kids or pets, that would be a nice way to show them to your friends! I can see all the Grandma's heading for their computers to print out the grandkids' photos!

I think I'd like to try a beach scene or other nature photo. The photo will probably dictate the type of beads used for the bracelet band. You could even slide a couple pieces of hemp cord through the bead and do a few knots on either side for a fun, casual vibe! I'm seeing lots of dangles on hemp cord in my vision!!!

Let me know what you think! Have a good one!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I cant wait to see what you do with these, you HAVE to post them again when you finish....decoupage on beads is something I would never have thought of! Teri
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea! Never thought about decoupage on a wood bead. I got some similar beads in my stash. A beach scene would be nice, combined with some coco wood beads, shells, mop beads or pearls.

Carole said...

Cool bead. I can't wait to see what you do either. Decoupaging an image on would look really cool.

Anonymous said...

Ok, SHOW! Please?

Lisa Crone said...

I'm getting ready to print some beach scenes as we speak!!

wendy humphreys said...

I think a hemp weave would look
perfect with the natural organic
look of the wood.
Very cool!
Wendy