Monday, October 27, 2008

Diamond Dust on Beads?


Is it wrong to use glitter on glass bead jewelry? I'm not sure there is a right or wrong when it comes to making beaded jewelry...

I enjoyed making these e-bead baubles one holiday season, but thought they could use a little more sparkle. Since I happened to have the diamond dust and mod podge handy from another project, it made sense to try it.

I made dangle earrings and a pendant for a chain out of these baubles. The fun thing was the diamond dust would rub off on the chest of the person wearing it and leave them slightly dusted with glitter. Hopefully it was non-toxic and harmless!

Now that I'm looking at the ones I have left over, I am sort of anxious to come up with a new glittery beaded project for this holiday season.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a unique idea for beaded jewelry! Thanks for sharing.